The groundbreaking for GINGERBREAD LANE, a whimsical interpretation of Kansas City in miniature cookie form, is set for this Saturday, Nov. 4, when Mr. GingerBread, aka Chef Jon Lovitch, rolls into City Market with a truckload of gingerbread, frosting, and candy. As foreman of the GINGERBREAD LANE construction site, Lovitch says his crew will work in the paddle wheel atrium at the Steamboat Arabia Museum 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. daily until Tuesday, Nov. 7.
He plans to use more than 2,000 pounds of ingredients to build the display that will feature familiar Kansas City landmarks in sugar and spice. GINGERBREAD LANE will officially open to the public Saturday, Nov. 11, and will be on display daily 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. including MERRY MARKET, weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Admission is FREE.
GINGERBREAD LANE will close on Jan. 4. GINGERBREAD LANE has been made possible by these local sponsors:
The Builders, a Chapter of the AGC
Reardon Pallet Company
In addition to GINGERBREAD LANE, MERRY MARKET will feature holiday shopping, engaging activities, delicious food, and seasonal drinks beginning Black Friday, Nov. 24, and every Saturday and Sunday 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. through Sunday, Dec. 17. ART GARDEN KC will curate MERRY MARKET 2023 with more than 75 unique artisans and makers. Admission is FREE. All ages are welcome.
MERRY MARKET is an open-air holiday shopping experience featuring all-local artisans with handmade products including paintings, ceramics, custom clothing, décor, jewelry, and more. MERRY MARKET also features all the things that make holiday shopping even more delightful:
- Sip, sample, stroll, and shop with seasonal beers, canned cocktails, and other libations from Minsky’s & Boulevard Brewing Company,* and a portion of the proceeds will benefit local charities.
- Try tasty “walkable” treats from City Market restaurants.
- Shop a seasonal selection of Farmers Market vendors.
- Explore City Market shops for fabulous finds.
- Enjoy holiday music and live performances on our Visit MO Stage.
- Be on the lookout for special guest appearances, sponsor activations, and giveaways.
MERRY MARKET is sponsored by the Missouri Department of Tourism and supported in part by the Neighborhood Tourist Development Fund [NTDF]. Sponsorship opportunities are available; please contact email@example.com
*You must be 21 years old with a valid ID to purchase alcoholic beverages.